Click Images Below to View Larger
Quick Release Tour Bracket (QRB)
Product ID: FTORB
Jandd's quick-release handle bar mount system was designed in conjunction with National Molding Corporation for cyclists, always keeping convenience, durability and safety in mind. The three-point system usually requires no tools for installation or removal (though a 4mm allen key may be needed for a one-time adjustment). Three webbing and cam buckle systems lock the mount to most stems and the front face plate pivots to fit both mountain and road bike geometry. To attach the bag to the bracket, slide the inverted "U" coupling on the back of the bag over the front segment of the handle bar bracket and push down until a solid snap is heard. To remove the bag, push forward on the center tongue while rotating the bag 1/4 turn to either side and pull lightly back on the pack. Detailed mounting instructions located inside each bag. 2014 bracket fits upto 31.8 handlebars.
Rixen-Kaul retrofit bracket and bag plate now available to fit bags to larger bike stems. Note: You will need to change the bag plate, which involves creating 4 new holes. The old holes can be capped with screws, plastic poppits(Available at hardware stores) or some glue/caulk.
Instructions For Quick release Bracket
Instructions For Rixen-Kaul Bracket, PDF download
FIELD NOTES:The attachment system was inspired by the capo (the component on a guitar that changes the key). Handle bar bags can greatly affect the handling characteristics of a bike; we recommend that no more than 10lbs of equipment ever be carried in any handle bar pack. When traveling away from your bike in "questionable" areas, it is advisable to put your handle bar pack into shoulder bag mode: remove the bracket from the stem, and carry it with you inside the pack. Routinely check tightness of fasteners, especially while touring or commuting daily.
1) Bike Bracket (QRB) Complete- This is the part that mounts on the handle bars.
2) Bracket Main Plate Only (With Jandd Logo) - This is the main piece from the QRB, you will need to use the levers and tilt bracket from an exsisting unit.
3) Bag Mounting Plate and Hardware - Are the parts needed to attach to the bag.
4) Used Reconditioned - Bike Bracket (QRB) Complete
5) Used Reconditioned - Bike Bracket - Uses Metal Clamping system
6) Rixen-Kaul bracket and bag plate with hardware