Repair & Adjustment
xThis two-part piece rarely breaks. (Pic 1) on a Grocery Pannier.
We sell this part in sets, the barrel & the rivet. This part is used on the
Grocery bag Pannierx
Commuter Briefcase Pannier
Commuter Garment Pannier
Police Utility & Clipboard Panniers
Mountain Wedge IIIx
Mountain Handle Pack II
To disassemble this unit:
1) Take a flat head screwdriver and wedge it between the barrel and the
rivet. (Pic 2) Once wedged in twist the screwdriver causing further separation.
2)Pull the barrel off and twist the bungee out. (Pic 4-5)
To assemble this unit:
1) Slide Barrel onto Bungee (pic 5)
2) Twist Bungee (1/4" or 6mm) through rivet, so that the bungee comes through
the tunnel hole at least 1/8" or more. (pic 4) (I.e. it should be sticking out
the end with the screw hole.
3) If the bungee is frayed use lighter to singe. (Pic 6)
4) Pull the barrel down over the rivet causing the teeth to engage. You will
need a pair of pliers to do this step.(Pic 7)
NOTE: It is important to know how to do this so you can
adjust your bungee if it is too loose. You can always take up some slack if you
understand these instructions.